I do not recommend this school if you are looking for QUALITY EDUCATION. Instead enrolling your child here, enroll them at Westfield Science-Oriented School (near bloomfield). From Elizabeth Seton, I transfered my grade 1 child this June 2010 and I can see that what they ae teaching is for the preschool level instead of the grade 1 level. They said they are changing their curriculum to the Singaporian way. I can see that my child is getting bored studying because the academic environment are not that competitive. On the other side, her friend also transfered this school year to Westfield. Between the two, Westfield gives their students challenging academic environment and at the same time teaches them responsibility towards their school obligations.
I was an alumni here. Even thought I'm graduated in this school I'm not proud of it.
Honestly, they don't care for their student's growth and learning. They just want to get your money. This school have expensive school fee and low quality education. If you want to move to Seton or Westfield, your child will have a hard time adjusting in his academics.
Inside the school culture:
1. There is a strong sense of favoritism if you are a son/daughter of a teacher who works in Bloomfield Academy they always get high grades and always more prepared (They have Cheats!) during events like UN Day, St. Lorenzo Riuz & Foundation Day (which is in August).
2. If you have a relationship if your fellow schoolmate. The guidance counselors will have eyes on you! Why? They don't have a love life and they are having an envy on you. Watching on PDA is just an excuse. Hello?!!! Doing PDA (public display of affection) is just.... eeww. We have a sense of privacy and we will not do that! And holding hands is not a PDA!
3. The prefect of discipline together with the guidance department . . . they can't kick out bullies! Maybe because the bullies' parents are really rich (like big time rich) are giving money to the school, for an exchange the school will not kick them out!
I was bullied here when I was in High School. The Bullies thrown my things from the forth floor window! (they are literally mean because they think they bought that school) My books, pancil case are flown away like confetti in a party. Plus they Popular Shallow Girls (the populars) flush their freshly poorly oven cake in the toilet and it was stuck. How stupid was that?!!!
4. Stupid and Spoiled Students rule the student population. When the teacher is around, its like 180 degree turn. They are instantly good! [They can win at Cannes Film Festival or an Oscar for that!
5. Sad to say, nobody likes this school. They have only 400+ fans in facebook. While in other schools they have 1500+ to 3000+ and even 6000+likes. Everytime their is an Alumni Home Coming, only 100+ to 300+ will attend. So sad. The school was founded in 1985. An avarage of 150 graduates per year. In my batch only 1 went to ateneo, 5 went to up, 30 went to dlsu manila, 7 went to ust, 10 went to csb, the rest? They went to dlsu dasmarinas, san beda alabang and perpetual help.
BLOOMFIELD ACADEMY:BEATING THE CHALLENGES OF THE TIMES (From 1985 up to the present)
-BATTLE of the BRAINS NATIONAL CHAMPION
-ASEAN BATTLE of the BRAINS CHAMPION
-WORLD-WIDE QUIZ CHAMPION
-NATIONAL BIBLE QUIZ CHAMPION
-ROTARY INTERNATIONAL ORATORICAL CHAMPION
-CONSISTENT MTAP QUALIFIER
-LAPPRISA CONTESTS MEDALISTS (Both in SPORTS and ACADEMIC,LITERARY and MUSICAL)
-APPSAM CONTESTS Medalist
Now on its 27th Year of QUALITY CATHOLIC EDUCATION WITHIN A CULTURE OF EXCELLENCE and GLOBAL COMPETENCE
LET LOVE LIGHT YOUR LIFE!